We received a little blessing in the mail today - a card from a friend who will (for now) go unnamed. The card is yellow with tiny pink and blue baby items floating around words of excitement and congratulations. This, I believe, is our very first baby card, and something we will treasure for years to come. It reminds us that when the paperwork is over and the blood tests have been run, there will be a child waiting on the other side to forever join our family.
THANK YOU.
Along this journey, we have friends who have combed with us through what appeared to be insurmountable paperwork and said, "Just start knocking things out - you could do this tomorrow!" THANK YOU.
At the bank, where I had to get a statement of our accounts and activity for the past year, I was helped by a young lady who was herself adopted. With total dedication to the task of adding 12 months of deposits while talking to me as I stood on the other side of the counter, she said, "This is kinda cool helping someone else adopt. You'll have to show us your baby when you bring it home." THANK YOU.
To those of you who pointed out multi-racial families to us in restaurants and told us we were doing the right thing and made a point to say at Christmas there might be one more next year...THANK YOU.
Rebecca :)
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment