The planner in me is anxious today...about adoption, work, life, the greeness of our grass, etc... Unfortunately (and fortunately) for my ever-positive husband, I am a planner by engineering (God made me this way). I am always planning and figuring. In fact, if you ask what I do most in life, it is probably figure. I am constantly running numbers in my head and on paper.
All-in-all, I want to know one thing - The Way - the way our adoption will come to completion, the way we will have time and finances to care for our new little one, the way we will both find fulfillment in our lives and careers, the way I will make it through the months and months of waiting without driving my dear husband to drink.
This morning, I was doing as I always do, blow-drying my hair and figuring. Putting contacts onto my eye balls and wondering.
"I just don't see the way," I said.
"I am the way," God spoke.
"What?"
"I am the way. You can't see the way because you are looking at facts and not looking at me. I AM THE WAY."
How, indeed, can one person be so stubborn?
Rebecca ;)
Friday, May 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
You are awesome Rebecca!! You are writing from your heart. He does provide the Way. Again and again. The first adoption is a big leap of faith. Call me and we can get together again soon:)
Post a Comment