This morning as I was getting ready and hoping for news, I thought of how surprised our friends and family would be if this process was finally coming to a close and we could finally travel to bring Micah home. I thought of how so many of them would say things like, "Wow, that was fast! I can't believe they don't give you more notice than that!" I also laughed at the thought, recognizing that we have had YEARS of notice.
"Micah, you weren't a surprise to us," I thought. "We have been preparing for you for a very long time. No matter how sudden the news, you can't catch us off-guard. We have been on-guard waiting for you for a long time."
I wonder if that is how God thinks of us. I wonder if God looks at us in our sticky situations of life and says, "It's not a surprise to me. I've seen it coming for a long time. In fact, I see past it, too, and what I see is good." I wonder if God takes time to laugh a bit at us, recognizing that He knew who we were even before we did. "Child, you can't catch ME by surprise. I've been waiting on your arrival."
Rebecca
Friday, February 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment