It has been a while since I have posted in numerical order where we are in this process...so, to make me feel better and to give you an idea, here goes...
Next Steps:
1. Wait for referral of a child with information and a picture! - Likely 4-5 months from our DTE (dossier to Ethiopia) date of 5-18-2009.
2. Official advance authorization from the US Department of Homeland Security to bring our future child home. - Anytime
3. Wait for document submission to Ethiopian court. - A few weeks to a couple of months from referral acceptance.
4. Wait for our adoption to finalize in court. (Some people end up having multiple court dates. Finalization is NOT guaranteed on the first round). - Could go very fast, could take 6 months or more!
5. TRAVEL! - Approx. 3-6 weeks after our adoption is finalized.
It will go fast, I just am not sure if it will go fast like a lunch break or like high school.
Rebecca :)
learning patience every day
I really don't like paitence nor the act of learning it.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment